Thursday, November 12, 2009

Are you looking at me?

Photobucket

The Dixon fam is off on an adventure tomorrow, think sleepy baby thoughts for us, will you? We're heading to St. Louis for a long weekend and to meet up with some internet friends (and some real life ones, too!). It's a 7 hour car drive without kids, so probably a 9 hour one with them... We're going to leave when Kate wakes up to eat, whenever that is (3:30, last night) and take off, hoping we'll get the bulk of the trip out of the way before they wake up.

So I've been part of a birth board since I was 15 weeks pregnant with Dash, and then a subgroup of the board who all had due dates in the same week. When babycenter changes its format and forced us off of old babycenter, we started a new board and have continued our virtual friendships over there. Since Dash is heading full speed ahead towards 3, we've been friends for a while. I've met 3 of them, and I'll meet 5 of them this weekend. There are 20ish, total. One day, maybe I can meet them all (although one lives in Paris and another in Taiwan...).

We're heading up to St. Louis and meeting up with my best friend from 4th grade on Friday night (Hi, Sarah!!) and going out for dinner and having a few drinks at their place... I hope my kids don't terrorize them. Saturday we're meeting up with the online crew and going to The Magic House and Saturday night we're going to try to catch the Alabama game somewhere. I figure it's the least I can do for John since my plans are pretty much taking up the whole weekend. We're going to try and cram some Ted Drewes in there, too.

So I'll be back Sunday and hopefully have a huge picture-filled blog post Monday. :)

Have a great weekend!!

Oh, and one more. The hat saga continues... This is my first try at beaded crochet and it wasn't too bad...

Photobucket

Photobucket

And I bought two new whacky skeins of yarn for the trip so I'll probably have a few more hats when I get home, too. :)

No comments: